The Black Mages Terraria Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Black Mages Terraria Clan

The forums for The Black Mages. Not sure If this clan is even still together -Sizzle

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Blue Mages!

Go down 
+4
ArcNine9Angel
Mecha_Dragon
Starheaven07
yoyomansizzle
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Starheaven07

Starheaven07

Blue Mages! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue Mages!   Blue Mages! - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 6:29 pm

ArcNine9Angel wrote:
Starheaven07 wrote:
JayReX wrote:
I was just thinking, and say in pvp we scouted around for a bit and we found a deposit, and a enemy encampment nearby, would we mine it straight away, or tell a white mage?

Snoop around, of course! I think we'll also end up leading them down to the deposits ourselves sometimes, so get your orienteering skills ready.

There's no real way to tell WHERE anything is without an in-game map, so Blue mages need to form an internal one.

I was thinking last night that the blue mages role would also end up involving cartography (map-making) in the form of noting down important veins, demon altars, direction of corruption/dungeons/meteors, etc.
There might eventually be a mod or a patch that adds a map, you never know =)

Did... did you literally comment on every single thread? -.-

We would have to compare notes on a regular basis for this to work, which isnt neccessarily a bad thing. But that would end up making us more organized than the rest of the colors.
Back to top Go down
ArcNine9Angel

ArcNine9Angel

PostSubject: Re: Blue Mages!   Blue Mages! - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 6:37 pm

Starheaven07 wrote:
ArcNine9Angel wrote:
Starheaven07 wrote:
JayReX wrote:
I was just thinking, and say in pvp we scouted around for a bit and we found a deposit, and a enemy encampment nearby, would we mine it straight away, or tell a white mage?

Snoop around, of course! I think we'll also end up leading them down to the deposits ourselves sometimes, so get your orienteering skills ready.

There's no real way to tell WHERE anything is without an in-game map, so Blue mages need to form an internal one.

I was thinking last night that the blue mages role would also end up involving cartography (map-making) in the form of noting down important veins, demon altars, direction of corruption/dungeons/meteors, etc.

We would have to compare notes on a regular basis for this to work, which isnt neccessarily a bad thing. But that would end up making us more organized than the rest of the colors.

Am I not supposed to :S and not every thread, just the threads where I felt like commenting or I had a thought to add to the mix. But you're right, I do need to slow down some.
Back to top Go down
Starheaven07

Starheaven07

PostSubject: Re: Blue Mages!   Blue Mages! - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 12:23 am

ArcNine9Angel wrote:
Starheaven07 wrote:
ArcNine9Angel wrote:
Starheaven07 wrote:
JayReX wrote:

Am I not supposed to :S and not every thread, just the threads where I felt like commenting or I had a thought to add to the mix. But you're right, I do need to slow down some.

As long as its constructive, it's absolutely fine. Don't be so sad, you know we all luvs you.
Back to top Go down
yoyomansizzle
Admin
yoyomansizzle

PostSubject: Re: Blue Mages!   Blue Mages! - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 1:08 am

Guys, Don't post on every thread unless you have something useful to say. Post count is a stupid reason to post, it's just a number.
Back to top Go down
https://theblackmages.forumotion.com
Starheaven07

Starheaven07

PostSubject: Re: Blue Mages!   Blue Mages! - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 2:56 am

General After, Sir, I think it would be a better idea to pair us up as soon as possible, so we can get to know our partner well before we have to work together. Mecha suggested pairing up with me because he knows me, which may not be the worst way to do it.
Back to top Go down
Afterscore

Afterscore

PostSubject: Re: Blue Mages!   Blue Mages! - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 1:58 pm

Until X returns from whatever hiatus he has gone on and gets in contact with me about the various things I have put to him, and until he or anyone else updates the member list, then I will not be organising pairs.

I need to hear back from X about one matter in particular before I can consider making the pairs. Besides - Knowing your partners favourite television program or alcoholic beverage will have no effect on how well you perform in game. I want to know how each of my Magi perform in game.
Back to top Go down
Nardah

Nardah

PostSubject: Re: Blue Mages!   Blue Mages! - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 6:27 pm

i have a slightish off topic from the current conversation but what would our main weapon be i was thinking a form of boomerang
Back to top Go down
Starheaven07

Starheaven07

PostSubject: Re: Blue Mages!   Blue Mages! - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 9:07 pm

Nardah wrote:
i have a slightish off topic from the current conversation but what would our main weapon be i was thinking a form of boomerang

It would be a scimitar, usually. But, since they don't have one in the game, the Muramasa, whereas our secondary weapon would be grenades or shurikens, depending on personal preference.
Back to top Go down
yoyomansizzle
Admin
yoyomansizzle

PostSubject: Re: Blue Mages!   Blue Mages! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 5:02 am

I don't know about that, I was thinking the ninjas use Muramusas and shurikens.
Back to top Go down
https://theblackmages.forumotion.com
Hazzardkill

PostSubject: Re: Blue Mages!   Blue Mages! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 6:57 am

when it comes to exploration of the main server map should we assign specific blue mages to each side of the map? like say 4 of us to the right and 4 of us to the left to make exploration less confusing?
Back to top Go down
Starheaven07

Starheaven07

PostSubject: Re: Blue Mages!   Blue Mages! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 12:47 pm

yoyomansizzle wrote:
I don't know about that, I was thinking the ninjas use Muramusas and shurikens.

OH, I'm sorry, I didn't realize that the ninjas were supposed to be widely recognized and well-known. Also, before anyone complains, the swords will probably be hand-me-downs from Black Mages.
Back to top Go down
Starheaven07

Starheaven07

PostSubject: Re: Blue Mages!   Blue Mages! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 12:54 pm

Hazzardkill wrote:
when it comes to exploration of the main server map should we assign specific blue mages to each side of the map? like say 4 of us to the right and 4 of us to the left to make exploration less confusing?

Read Blue Mages stuff under this: https://theblackmages.forumotion.com/t28-the-first-thing

And after the first day, it's highly unlikely that we'll need to explore much of the surface. As for caves, we have to wait and see how ranking/mission needs play into that.
Back to top Go down
Hazzardkill

PostSubject: Re: Blue Mages!   Blue Mages! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 2:44 pm

gah how in the blazes did i miss that damn it all thing apparent;y don't update on my machine properly been reading thru all the damned post to make sure i don't miss anything i give up no more suggestions from me. also what diffrent kinds of video capture software is there so i can start testing with MC so i have it ready launch
Back to top Go down
Nardah

Nardah

PostSubject: Re: Blue Mages!   Blue Mages! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 6:58 pm

Starheaven07 wrote:
Nardah wrote:

It would be a scimitar, usually. But, since they don't have one in the game, the Muramasa, whereas our secondary weapon would be grenades or shurikens, depending on personal preference.

i was thinking the grass boomerang because it does a nice ammount of dammage it is ranged and it doesnt use ammo so you never run out (if all else fails then i will use it as a backup ranged weapon if i run out of shuriken)
Back to top Go down
Starheaven07

Starheaven07

PostSubject: Re: Blue Mages!   Blue Mages! - Page 2 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 10:41 am

The Blue Mage subgroup is over capacity. We don't need this many people on intel, so Afterscore will be choosing a few to transfer out.

Just in case, think of whether you would like to be a Black or White mage, people. He may remove more people than necessary in order to help balance the other mage groups.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blue Mages!   Blue Mages! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Blue Mages!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2